25 Apr Are you looking to quickly launch a WordPress website for your business?
Launch a WordPress website for your business at this one day workshop including a free delicious lunch at Quay St Diner in the heart of Bristol.
If you’re about to set up a WordPress website save yourself hours of wasted time by being guided step by step from buying the domain name to launching the site – while having an expert on hand to help if you get stuck.
That expert is Roz Hutchings – founder of WordPress website agency Pump and a former teacher.
At the end of the friendly, jargon-free, interactive workshop you will know:
- How to plan and design a website to help your business grow
- How to buy a domain name
- How to install WordPress
- How to create a stylish site using a theme
- How to improve the functionality of your website using plugins
- How to make your site search engine optimised so it ranks high on google
- How to update written content
- How to update photography
- How to manage your site going forward
Spaces are limited to just 10 people so you’ll get plenty of opportunities to ask questions and get support.
What do I get?
- A WordPress website launched by you for your business
- Free lunch (please let us know of any dietary requirements)
- Free tea + coffee
- Handouts emailed at the end of the workshop to refer back to
- 9.30am: Arrive for tea + coffee
- 9.45am: Workshop starts
- 12.30pm: Break for lunch (provided free of charge)
- 4.00pm: Workshop ends
Who is this workshop for?
Anyone with an interest in setting up a WordPress website in particular:
- Business owners
*we would advise this workshop isn’t suitable for businesses looking to set up an e-commerce website. Please contact us for details about our e-commerce WordPress workshop.
What shall I bring?
- Your wonderful self
- A laptop (not tablet) and charger
- Passwords to online accounts eg: email, social media
- Debit card to purchase your domain, website hosting, theme and plugins
Helpful but not essential:
- Written content you would like to use on your website
- Photographs you would like to use on your website
Is there parking?
- Quay St Diner is in the heart of Bristol city centre so we would recommend to make your way on public transport.
- The nearest car park is the NCP on Fairfax St, Bristol, BS1 3BB